You’ve heard it said before, “”Nobody uses FaceBook Anymore – everyone is using Instagram.” Nothing could be further from the truth, in fact, FaceBook still ranks supreme in social media. An amazing 68% of adult social media users are on Facebook.
FaceBook Vital Statistics (as reported in 2019 Q2 Investor Relations Statement)
- 1.59 billion daily active users on Facebook on average for June 2019
- 2.41 billion monthly active users on Facebook as of June 30, 2019
- More than 2.1 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every day on average
- More than 2.7 billion people use at least one of our family of services each month
On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily.
Five new profiles are created every second.
There are 83 million fake profiles.
Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes. (Source: Infodocket)
Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510,000 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. (Source: The Social Skinny)
Facebook is used by a majority of Americans in all age ranges except 65 and older. Facebook user gender demographics reveal a bias towards more a female user base with 54% women and 46% men. Of all online users 62% of all men and 72% of all women use Facebook.
Facebook location demographics
The largest user base India at 14% of all Facebook users in 2019. The United States is second (10%), followed by Brazil and Indonesia (6% each).
Percent of US adults who say they use Facebook:
- 75% who live in urban areas use Facebook
- 67% who live in suburban areas use Facebook
- 58% who live in rural areas use Facebook
Facebook education demographics
- 60% of adults who have a high school diploma or less use Facebook
- 71% of adults who have some college experience use Facebook
- 77% of adults who have graduated college use Facebook
Facebook income demographics
- 66% of adults who make less than $30,000 use Facebook
- 74% of adults who make between $30,000–$49,999 use Facebook
- 70% of adults who make between $50,000–$74,999 use Facebook
- 75% of adults who make over $75,000 use Facebook